Saturday, February 8, 2014

My path to JavaScript: JavaScript Code Retreat Valencia

Today I participated in the JavaScript Code Retreat in Valencia.

It was a great experience because limiting the possible languages to just one, JavaScript, (that we all knew at least enough to work on the kata) made our practice even more focused.
By not having to switch between languages and test frameworks (we all used Jasmine), we could just concentrate in doing our best to craft good code under the constraints of each iteration.

It's been fun and I learned a lot again revisiting Conway's Game of Life. I recently coded a complete solution of this game in Java, but today I tried different approaches with my partners and also focused even more in naming.

I'd like to thank Ricardo Borillo, Wolfram Kriesing and peerTransfer for making it possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment