Friday, January 24, 2014

My path to JavaScript: Intro

What's all this about?
I've been playing around with JavaScript for a while, but now I want to really deep dive into it.

There are a lot of resources to learn JavaScript: tutorials, blogs, on-line courses, books, etc. Some of them are great, some of them are not, but it's hard to know in advance which ones will be useful for you.

The goal of this series of posts will be to leave a trail of bread crumbs to follow so that my learning path into JavaScript can be reconstructed in the hope that it might be helpful to someone.

I know that different people learn in different ways and start with different backgrounds, so probably my learning path won't be good for many. However, I think that a record of the resources that helped someone to actually learn something might serve you to start mapping an unknown territory and give you some ideas to try in order to learn something new.

Where am I?
Every journey starts somewhere. Mine starts after playing with JavaScript now and then for a while and reading a couple of books. I'm not a complete beginner.
This is what I've done so far with JavaScript:
Even though the last two might sound advanced to you, none of them are things that you can master after a four days course. For me they were just great samples of the kind of cool things that you can do with JavaScript and helped me to create a map of different areas in JavaScript land. Now I will really start walking it.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment